No matter how upbeat your child is, there’ll be times when he feels anxious, scared or angry. If he’s resilient, he’ll be able to ride out these times.
Ways to turn low moods into better ones include:-
- doing things you love and enjoy
- spending time with friends
- helping someone else
- talking with friends or a support person
- exploring activities that help you relax
- going for a vigorous walk or doing some kind of physical activity
- going over some good memories by looking through photographs
- watching a funny TV show or DVD, or reading something funny.